- Table View
- List View
During a Christmas Eve blizzard in Seattle, three couples find themselves in a citywide blackout..."Stranded with the Bridesmaid" by Beth CornelisonWhen their car skids off the road, the best man and bridesmaid are snowbound. While struggling to stay warm, they spend long hours getting to know each other in the most intimate ways...."Santa Under Cover" by Sharron McClellanOn a trip to see Santa at the mall, the lights go out and a child goes missing. To stay alive, this couple must outsmart the Christmas bandits holding them hostage."Kiss Me on Christmas" by Jennifer MoreyStuck at a coffee shop during the blackout, a man and a woman must share a hotel room for the night. Will this pair of opposites discover what they've been missing?
Athena Academy's darkest nemesis is gunning for her, but USMC Combatant Diver Jessica Whittaker is not easily intimidated. Without thinking twice, she volunteers to help bring down the school's deadliest enemy. Her assignment: an expeditionary mission aboard a sunken ship. Salvaging for clues on an abandoned vessel should have been simple. But a hostile force--and an unbelievably handsome diving buddy--has turned up the heat. If Jess ever wants to set foot on dry land again she'll have to contend with her enemy--and her lover--or risk revealing her deepest secret.
Tru Palmer's dowsing ability-she feels resources hidden in the earth-is a gift and a curse. Years ago, she trusted the wrong people with her secret and was locked away. Now, in the Nubian desert on an oil-drilling job, Tru is struck by a powerful energy-one that brings visions of the past and tantalizes Tru with the promise that there may be women out there just like her. When the source of the energy-a cache of ancient mosaic tiles-is stolen, Tru knows it is her destiny to get it back. But to do so, she must reveal her ability to the enigmatic man hired to report her every move to the very people who stole it-and who will kill to keep it.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer In BogotÁ, it could be difficult to tell which was which. Since witnessing a brutal murder, Fiona had been on the run. The reporter's only shot at survival was tracking down the notorious mercenary "Angel. " As skilled with weapons as Fiona was with words, the dark, sullen merc thought her naive and foolhardy, yet he agreed to get her out of Colombia even at his own peril. But Fiona desired more than safety; she wanted justice. And soon, she realized, she wanted Angel. . . .
Wilderness guide Bethany Darrow was desperate to save her kidnapped sister in Colombia, but lying about having the money to pay dark, mysterious mercenary Xavier Monero would cost her dearly. Especially when their forced proximity during a dangerous jungle rescue unleashed a smoldering, irresistible attraction. Xavier knew the beautiful American was trouble the second he laid his eyes on her. Taking Bethany on the mission was a risk, and he wasn't prepared for the peril she placed on his heart. Suddenly he wanted more than fortune--he wanted Bethany, body and soul. But everything comes with a price. . . .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.