- Table View
- List View
Most of the 18. 2 million Americans currently living with diabetes have been advised by their doctors, or other health-care providers, that weight loss is essential for them to control their condition and stay healthy. However, the vast majority of people fail miserably at dieting, ultimately regaining the pounds they manage to lose. The latest research confirms, though, that diabetic people do not have to lose significant amounts of body fat to be healthy. The 7 Step Diabetes Fitness Plan guides people step-by-step to achieve a healthy body despite having excess body fat and diabetes or pre-diabetes-primarily by becoming physically fit. With practical information and tips on physical fitness, blood sugar balance with physical activity, nutrition, nutritional supplements, emotional fitness, diabetic medications, motivation, and more, The 7 Step Diabetes Fitness Plan gives readers the knowledge they need to prevent, reverse, and control their diabetes through fitness-and to live a long, healthy life without the need for dieting and weight loss-making this the essential diabetes fitness resource.
Why WAIT? In this groundbreaking book, diabetes and weight management expert Osama Hamdy, M.D., Ph.D., reveals how you can reverse the course of your type 2 diabetes, lose weight for good and finally reclaim your health-in just 12 weeks! Dr. Hamdy is at the forefront of cutting-edge clinical research conducted at Joslin Diabetes Center, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School. For the first time, he shares those scientific breakthroughs in a usable and doable step-by-step 12-week plan based on the successful Why WAIT (Weight Achievement and Intensive Treatment) program he conducts at Joslin. And with the professionally formulated exercise plans fine-tuned by Dr. Sheri Colberg, an exercise physiologist and renowned diabetes fitness expert, you'll not only get results but keep them. With the Why WAIT program, Dr. Hamdy and his Joslin team have helped hundreds of patients: * Break free from the pill bottle. It is possible to cut your medications by 50-60%-or even stop them altogether! * Stop fearing the scale. Learn how to safely lose-and keep off-those 10, 20 or even 50 plus pounds that are holding you back from a healthy life. * Never dread exercise again. Tailor your exercise plan to the way you really live and work, so you can get results without being a slave to the gym. * Make it easy. The dozens of checklists, goal worksheets and real-life success stories in this book will keep you motivated to make smart decisions, even on the busiest days. So don't settle for a diabetes diagnosis. Shed the pounds, toss the medications and conquer your diabetes, once and for all.
An indispensable addition to the diabetes self-care shelf, Diabetes? No Problema is written expressly for the millions of Latinos who have or are at risk for diabetes and its complications. Leading diabetes authorities Drs. Colberg and Villa-Caballero present everything Latinos need to know to understand and manage their condition. Topics include dietary modifications to help control diabetes, common traps and pitfalls, and everyday tips to effectively manage the disease. With inspirational stories of diabetic Latinos who have successfully conquered their condition, Diabetes? No Problema is the most accessible, essential guide for every Latino with, or at risk for, diabetes.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.