- Table View
- List View
Covering topics such as "It's Jesus or Jail,""Marriage, the Hard Way,""Children: The Gift You Can't Give Back," and "All the Things I Don't Know...And All the Things I Definitely Do," stand-up comedienne, actress, and ABC's The View co-host Sherri Shepherd comically chronicles her struggles to keep up with the many roles-professional, wife, mother, daughter, and friend-that women must play in today's world. Sherri urges women to pursue their most important dreams and to never give up, but also let's readers know that it's okay to give themselves "permission slips" when things don't always work out the way they want them to. As her many fans know, Sherri is never hesitant to speak from the heart, and her bubbly personality shines through in this delightful autobiography.
"Diabetes could have killed me. Instead, it saved my life. " --Sherri Shepherd The day that actress, comedian, and cohost of The View Sherri Shepherd was diagnosed with the Big D--type 2 diabetes--she didn't see it coming. But she should have. Sherri had spent years battling excess weight, ignoring the warning that she was prediabetic, avoiding doctors, and denying some very clear signs that a diabetes diagnosis was imminent. Even watching the disease take her mother's life at the age of forty-one didn't sound the alarm for Sherri. But when D Day came, she had a diagnosis in hand and a child of her own. Sherri knew she needed to take a cold, hard look at the way she was living and make a choice: she could completely overhaul her life and reevaluate her relationship to food and exercise, or continue on a path that could leave her son growing up without his mother. The choice was easy. Putting the choice into action was a little more difficult. If you're one of the 100 million Americans diagnosed with prediabetes or diabetes each year, or one of the 130 million people who are overweight and at risk but don't know where to start, Plan D can provide life- changing results. Here, Sherri Shepherd breaks down the basics of the science of diabetes, explains how reversing your insulin resistance (the cause of type 2 diabetes) is the key, and offers support, humor, and the action plan you need to get results. With this medically supported plan, Sherri was able to lose forty pounds and keep it off. Through three key simple but effective strategies centered on diet, exercise, and taking control of the emotions that lead to poor food choices, Sherri offers readers a way to lose weight and control diabetes without feeling deprived, or chained to a strict, lifeless way of living. Plan D is flexible, sensible, and straight-forward, and it works wherever you are on the spectrum--whether you're struggling to lose weight, are in the danger zone of prediabetes and looking to turn things around, or have already been diagnosed with diabetes. Plan D will give you the facts you need to start changing your habits and your health now. With the help of her doctor, a leading endocrinologist, and a support group of family and close friends, Sherri changed her life. With Plan D, you can too.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.