- Table View
- List View
For the first time in one volume--in a special oversized format--comes "The Rules" and "The Rules II," the phenomenal bestsellers that captured the interest of millions of readers in search of Mr. Right. Original.
How long should I wait to respond to his text message? Can I friend him on Facebook? Why did he ask for my number but never call me?When The Rules was published in 1995, its message was straightforward: be mysterious. But for women looking for love today, it's not quite so simple. In a world of instant messaging, location check-ins, and status updates, where hook-ups have become the norm and formal one-on-one dates seem a thing of the past, it's difficult to retain the air of mystery that keeps men interested. Now, with help from their daughters, the original Rules Girls Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider share their thoroughly modern, fresh take on dating that will help women in today's information age create the happy love lives they want and deserve. Whether you're a 20-something dating for the first time, a 30-something tired of being single, a 40-something giving advice to your daughter, or a 50-something getting back in the dating game, this book has the answers you've been waiting for. The Rules include: Stay Away from his Facebook Profile Make Yourself Invisible and Other Ways to Get Out of Instant Messaging Stop Dating a Guy Who Cancels More than Once Text-Back Times Chart Don't Just Hang Out or See Him 24/7 TTYL: Always End Everything First-- Get Out of There! And much, much more! Providing the dos and don'ts you need to stop making mistakes and start finding romance, NOT YOUR MOTHER'S RULES will revolutionize dating today just as The Rules did nearly 20 years ago!
The authors of the bestselling "The Rules" and "The Rules II" offer relationship advice for women who have the ring and want to create the most satisfying and fulfilling marriage possible.
What the international phenomenon of The Rules did for conventional dating, The Rules for Online Dating does for the search for love on the Internet. You'll never hit the "reply" button the same way again. Millions of women around the world are meeting men on the Internet, or they've met in person and are corresponding by e-mail. But though e-mail and Net-based dating services have revolutionized the dating landscape, they've created their own pitfalls and challenges. Women need new strategies that will improve their chances of capturing Mr. Right. Boasting the same time-tested formula and romantic spirit that made The Rules an international bestseller and launched thousands of women down the path to committed relationships, The Rules for Online Dating shows all women -- regardless of age, status, or computer savvy -- how to use electronic communication to relate to men in a way that maintains self-esteem and leads to a healthy relationship. Here is a comprehensive list of dos and don'ts that will help every woman conduct an e-courtship safely and successfully; find and keep the interest of suitable mates; and save time, energy, and potential heartache by weeding out dead wood. The Rules for Online Dating takes women through the process -- step by step, Rule by Rule -- to the ultimate goal: a relationship based on mutual attraction, interest, and respect.
Picking up where "The Rules" left off, this book addresses such topics as: how to deal with long distance relationships; how to win back an ex-boyfriend; and--most importantly--how to make sure the engagement leads to marriage. The book also answers the ten most frequently-asked questions about "The Rules".
The phenomenal bestseller that captured the interest of millions of readers in search of Mr. Right.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.