- Table View
- List View
In Earth's future, when time travel has become possible, the Time Patrol is the top secret government agency that protects Earth's past, so that our history will not become corrupted by invaders from either our future or from other worlds. For many years, Murdock, Ashe, and other members of the Time Patrol have contended with threats to our time continuum, none more deadly than the alien Baldies, who hate other high-tech civilizations and want to destroy Earth. Evidence of time travel has been found in ruins dating to the ancient world...in the legendary realm of Atlantis. So Murdock, Ashe, Eveleen Riordan, and other Time Patrollers deck themselves out as foreign traders to discover whether something is amiss in Atlantis. They find that the Baldies are there, as evidenced by sophisticated, high-tech equipment, whose purpose it is impossible to fathom. As they try to derail the Baldies' plot, the Time Patrollers realize that time is running out on their mission when Atlantis is shaken by tremors that pre-age a cataclysm that may be the disaster that sank the fabulous island state. But they must be sure they act to preserve, not destroy, history-and if they're wrong, it'll be too late...for them and for Earth's future.
The evil king is dead, the war is over, and young Meliara --barefoot countess and reluctant hero--has turned her back on politics and the crown and withdrawn to her family's castle. But soon Mel is swept up into a different kind of warfare in the dance halls and drawing rooms of the royal palace. War is easy compared to the quiet battles of the royal court. Here Mel's friends and enemies look alike: Instead of swords, they wave fans; instead of armor, they wear beautiful gowns and sinister smiles. But for all their finery, their plots are as deadly as a dagger between the ribs. If she is to survive, Mel must learn a whole new way of fighting-- with wits and words and secret alliances. She can trust no one.
A deathbed promise to their father sends a daring girl and her brother off to war. Filled with intrigue, romance, and magic, this spellbinding novel is a dramatic coming-of-age story about a girl who rises from impoverished beginnings to take command of her own fate. Smith tells a fast-moving tale of adventure, intrigue, and honor, with Mel a likable heroine and a lively narrator.--Booklist
The crew of the Solar Queen finds a derelict space ship. Its provenance is mysterious and questions may prove fatal.
This is a new novel in a series begun by Norton almost half a century ago. In that series, there was commerce between eras and therefore a need to police those transactions.
With the help of a prince and an apprentice wizard, Wren strives to rescue her best friend, a princess named Tess, from the fortress of a wicked king.
While Wren and Prince Connor set off to uncover her parentage, a sinister wizard creates havoc back home in Cantimoor and threatens to kidnap Wren's best friend, Princess Teressa. Sequel to "Wren to the Rescue".
When wicked King Andreus declares war on the royal families of Meldrith, Wren and her friends, Princess Teressa, Prince Connor, and chief magic maker Tyron, determine to defeat him.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.