- Table View
- List View
If you've ever cringed at the sight of your ten-year-old waltzing through the neighbor's front door without an invitation, or struggled to teach your teenager proper "netiquette" for navigating the complicated world of social networks, you know the importance of teaching kids that manners matter. Sheryl Eberly's bestselling 365 Manners Kids Should Know gives clever and insightful advice for the myriad situations where consideration counts, but is sometimes forgotten. This new edition incorporates tips for every aspect of digital communication into her straight-forward format. Using a smart one-manner-a-day organization, parents, grandparents, and teachers alike can find practical ways to teach essential manners like: - When and where it's appropriate to text - How to write a thank-you note - The proper way to handle an online bully - How to behave at events like birthday parties, weddings,and religious services Full of role-playing exercises, games, and other activities that adults can do with children, 365 Manners Kids Should Know explains not only what manners to teach, but also how--and at what ages--to present them. From the Trade Paperback edition.
365 Manners Kids Should Know: Games, Activities, and Other Fun Ways to Help Children Learn Etiquetteby Sheryl Eberly
Have you ever cringed at the sight of your four-year-old waltzing through the neighbor's front door without an invitation? Have you ever had to call to apologize when your six-year-old forgot to thank his grandmother for the birthday gift she so lovingly sent? How about the formal dinner for Dad's promotion when your ten-year-old decided that she didn't like the meal she'd ordered, and then refused to eat a thing--making for an uncomfortable evening for you, the other guests, and the waiter? As a parent, you've probably experienced these and many more instances when it seemed that your children had forgotten their manners completely, leaving you frazzled and embarrassed. Sheryl Eberly's365 Manners Kids Should Knowgives clever and insightful advice for the myriad of situations where consideration counts, but is sometimes forgotten. Using her smart one-manner-a-day format, parents, grandparents, and even aunts and uncles can find practical ways to teach basic manners, such as: * How to address elders when being introduced * How to write a thank-you note * The polite way to answer the telephone * How to accept and decline an invitation * What is expected at formal occasions such as weddings, funerals, and religious services Full of role-playing exercises, games, and other activities that parents can do with their children,365 Manners Kids Should Knowhelps parents and other caregivers understand not only what manners to teach, but also how--and at what ages--to present them. Most important,365 Manners Kids Should Knowmakes learning manners fun.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.