- Table View
- List View
If you've ever cringed at the sight of your ten-year-old waltzing through the neighbor's front door without an invitation, or struggled to teach your teenager proper "netiquette" for navigating the complicated world of social networks, you know the importance of teaching kids that manners matter. Sheryl Eberly's bestselling 365 Manners Kids Should Know gives clever and insightful advice for the myriad situations where consideration counts, but is sometimes forgotten. This new edition incorporates tips for every aspect of digital communication into her straight-forward format. Using a smart one-manner-a-day organization, parents, grandparents, and teachers alike can find practical ways to teach essential manners like: - When and where it's appropriate to text - How to write a thank-you note - The proper way to handle an online bully - How to behave at events like birthday parties, weddings,and religious services Full of role-playing exercises, games, and other activities that adults can do with children, 365 Manners Kids Should Know explains not only what manners to teach, but also how--and at what ages--to present them. From the Trade Paperback edition.
365 Manners Kids Should Know: Games, Activities, and Other Fun Ways to Help Children Learn Etiquetteby Sheryl Eberly
Have you ever cringed at the sight of your four-year-old waltzing through the neighbor's front door without an invitation? Have you ever had to call to apologize when your six-year-old forgot to thank his grandmother for the birthday gift she so lovingly sent? How about the formal dinner for Dad's promotion when your ten-year-old decided that she didn't like the meal she'd ordered, and then refused to eat a thing--making for an uncomfortable evening for you, the other guests, and the waiter? As a parent, you've probably experienced these and many more instances when it seemed that your children had forgotten their manners completely, leaving you frazzled and embarrassed. Sheryl Eberly's365 Manners Kids Should Knowgives clever and insightful advice for the myriad of situations where consideration counts, but is sometimes forgotten. Using her smart one-manner-a-day format, parents, grandparents, and even aunts and uncles can find practical ways to teach basic manners, such as: * How to address elders when being introduced * How to write a thank-you note * The polite way to answer the telephone * How to accept and decline an invitation * What is expected at formal occasions such as weddings, funerals, and religious services Full of role-playing exercises, games, and other activities that parents can do with their children,365 Manners Kids Should Knowhelps parents and other caregivers understand not only what manners to teach, but also how--and at what ages--to present them. Most important,365 Manners Kids Should Knowmakes learning manners fun.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.