Depression is one of the most common mental health problems and is estimated to affect around 15% of people at some point during their life. For many people depression is a life-long disorder which starts during the teenage years ?around 10% of teenagers are estimated to have an episode of depression and many more experience persistent low mood. This accessible, engaging and age-appropriate self-help guide based on current research and best practice (NICE, IAPT treatment pathways, Books on Prescription, all of which promote CBT) for young people aged 13 to 17 who experience low mood and depression, and their friends, family and health professionals. The book adopts a narrative approach with graphic elements, incorporating case studies and including some interactive exercises. It provides an essential bridge for young people who have not yet asked for professional help as well as support for those who are waiting for treatment.
Entirely revised, rewritten and augmented with 11 completely new chapters, this new edition builds strongly on the aims of the previous edition to provide the latest scientific validation of cognitive behaviour therapy with practical treatment guidance for clinical child psychologists and psychiatrists working with disturbed children. Coverage ranges broadly from school refusal and adjustment to parental divorce through eating and sleeping disorders to substance abuse. It will be invaluable to clinicians wanting to provide ever more effective psychological treatment for children and families. From a review of the first edition: ' . . . clearly written by a number of international authorities in the field. . . . This book will be useful to child psychiatrists and other child mental health professionals, as well as social workers, educationalists and school nurses. It is highly recommended for bench and departmental libraries. ' European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.