- Table View
- List View
For some, a job is just a way to pay the bills. For others - those whose careers fit their passions and personalities - it is a source of great satisfaction and success. Career Match is designed to help people discover their ideal work. Using the author's revealing ten-minute self-assessment, the book helps readers determine their personality style, then walks them through the range of career choices best for them. This indispensable guide will enable anyone to: * identify the type of work that will inspire and exhilarate them * recognize the type of boss and work environment they need to thrive * confirm the rightness of the path they are on - or help them find a better one * speed up their job search The book includes in-depth chapters for each personality type, detailed explanations of career options, and inspiring real-life stories of people who have found fulfillment in work that suits their personality. This invaluable resource will help anyone in need of direction match who they are with what they should do - for a lifetime of gratifying work and greater success.
A recent Conference Board survey found that a staggering 53 percent of workers are dissatisfied with their jobs, but with the unemployment rate stubbornly high, searching for a new position may not be the answer. Based on the author's proprietary personality model used by over 50,000 professionals worldwide, Personality Power shows you how to identify and harness your corestrengths to immediately improve your job satisfaction--and, ultimately, your success. After completing a simple 10-minute self-assessment, just turn to the in-depth chapter devoted to your personality type to: * Discover your work-related strengths and potential blind spots * Identify your ideal (and least-preferred) work environments * Learn how best to communicate with and coach others with different styles * Create a personal career roadmap complete with concrete steps for achieving your goals * And much more Featuring helpful charts, exercises, and inspiring success stories, Personality Power shows you how to leverage your natural talents and find the fulfillment and recognition you deserve.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.