- Table View
- List View
Bone Sarcoma is a succinct volume within the M.D. Anderson Cancer Care Series that summarizes the key elements of different specialties as they pertain to these cancers. It is a vital resource for physicians working with these uncommon yet fascinating bone sarcomas and uses a multidisciplinary team approach that is essential to maximizing a patient's chances of a successful outcome. Written for physicians who have an interest in how the entire treatment process works and how their efforts are intertwined with those of their colleagues, Bone Sarcoma covers topics such as diagnostic techniques, treatment modalities, reconstruction and function, and a more globally oriented chapter geared towards algorithms for perioperative management and follow-up of patients. Designed for the busy practitioner, the esteemed M.D. Anderson Cancer Care Series offers an in-depth view of the current standard of care at M. D. Anderson, without extensive literature review or discussion of approaches not yet incorporated into routine clinical practice. Each chapter ends with an up-to-date list of suggested readings and a list of "key practice points" highlighting the most important principles presented. These books offer a clear picture of how M. D. Anderson is successfully treating patients today.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.