- Table View
- List View
Late one day I hurried home,Stepping through the wood alone.It was deep and dim; I could barely see.But I thought brave thoughts to comfort me.A Young Skunk heads home through the woods--alone. Or maybe not...Could there be robbers, or pirates, or ghosts, or trappers in the woods? And is our hero brave enough to keep away? With bouncy rhymes, charming art, a subtle counting theme, and a surprise ending, this story will entertain and reassure any child who's ever been afraid.From the Hardcover edition.
Have you ever had a toy you really really liked? Have you ever had a lot of toys you really really liked?Have you ever said "MINE!"?If so, this book is for you!Enjoy this adorable, playful, picture-based book about two very young children and an adorable dog navigating the troubles and triumphs of sharing.From the Hardcover edition.
In this tender, lyrical story set in the mountains of Kentucky, Brenda Gail is spending the summer with her great-grandparents. Gran Pap tells her that "everybody born in the mountains got a song inside 'em," made of memories. That means Brenda Gail has one, too, "just waitin' to come out. " A squabble with her troublesome cousin Melvin, in which Big Ma's favorite hen is injured, and their reconciliation help Brenda Gail start to choose the moments that will be in her song. Rich, poignant art from esteemed illustrator Ted Rand is paired with an atmospheric text written by a true storyteller. Kids everywhere will want to make up their own "mountain songs. "
Twelve-year-old Jessie K. Bovey has a lot to worry about. She doesn't know who her father is; her old biddy of a grandmother keeps interfering in her life; her best friend, Robert, desperately needs new glasses that his family can't afford; and mean Dickie Whitten teases Robert until Jessie has no choice but to punch him out.When some New York City reporters show up in Beulah County to research a story about the War on Poverty, Jessie sees a way to solve one of her problems. She can charge money for showing the reporters around town so they can take pictures of the "local color" and use it to help pay for Robert's glasses. But her plan backfires spectacularly, and Jessie learns some big lessons--and some big secrets as well.A small Kentucky town and its quirky inhabitants are vividly evoked in Shutta Crum's warm, atmospheric coming-of-age story, which handles multiple serious themes with a light touch.
A kingdom is at war. A princess has been kidnapped by a dragon queen. A brave squire volunteers to set out on a quest to rescue her. But there's just one small problem. He's Thomas, the shortest of all the squires. With little more than a donkey, a vest, and a sword, Thomas will have to use all of his courage and determination to battle a beast with many heads, reach a forbidden island, and rescue the princess from a most fearsome dragon-and an even more fearsome fate! Part thrilling adventure and part enchanting fantasy, sprinkled with charming black-and-white illustrations,Thomas and the Dragon Queenwill delight young readers from start to finish. From the Hardcover edition.
A charming summer story that's just right for toddlers, from the team behind the critically acclaimed picture book Mine! What does a toddler say when she drops her sunglasses in the sand? "Uh-Oh!" What does she say when a seagull lands on her sandcastle? "Uh-Oh!" What does she say when she finds a crab in her pail? "Uh-Oh!" And what does she say when a BIG wave is coming? That's the biggest "Uh-Oh!" of all! This nearly wordless story of toddler adventure perfectly captures the dynamics between the youngest friends and the sheer pleasure of that favorite toddler word: Uh-Oh!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.