Topics include linear equations; inequalities and absolute values; systems of linear equations; powers, exponents, and polynomials; quadratic equations and factoring; rational expressions and proportions; and more. Also includes practice pages, assessment tests, reproducible grid paper, and an answer key. Supports NCTM standards.
This book includes the basic concepts of mathematics and introduces you to algebra concepts.
In this book, you will learn about the concepts of algebra. You will learn to use mathematical skills and algebra skills. Why do you need these skills? Many jobs use mathematics and algebra. People who work in banking, food service, printing, electronics, construction, surveying, insurance, and retail all use these skills on the job. Algebra skills are also useful in your everyday life, at home and in school.
Geometry is the study of how points, lines, and planes can be used to picture to space around us. In this book, the main attention will be placed on plane geometry. Plane geometry studies geometric figures in a plane, like squares, triangles, and circles. Later, we will learn about solid figures like cubes, prisms, and spheres.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.