- Table View
- List View
One morning Nick Aten wakes up to find that the world has gone insane. The adults are systematically killing all the young people. The survivors must band together and reform their own society.
Richard Young's planned vacation is cut short when a stranger pounds on his door. The man is fleeing an unseen force that crushes everything in its path.
The Luxor Dance Hall has seen a lot over the past hundred years; From Vaudeville, through the big bands and up to the hottest rock acts. It's closed now, but a hideous presence lives there.
In this wonderful anthology of new stories, Sherlock Holmes travels to the far ends of the Earth in search of truth and justice. A host of singularly talented writers, while remaining respectful towards Conan Doyle's work, present a new and thrilling dimension to Holmes's career. Full list of contributors: Simon Clark; Andrew Darlington; Paul Finch; Nev Fountain; Carole Johnstone; Paul Kane; Alison Littlewood; Johnny Mains; William Meikle ;David Moody; Mark Morris; Cavan Scott; Denis O. Smith; Sam Stone and Stephen Volk.
When the Stainforth family moves to the coast, it's a dream come true; but the coastal village was once a sacred place for an old religion. Its power stirs, infecting the dead with a new kind of life.
sequel to John Wyndham's Day of the Triffids. 30 years after the poisonous plants take over the earth, things are about to get a whole lot worse.
The small town of Sullivan has barricaded itself against the outside world. It is one of the last enclaves of civilization and the residents are determined that their town remain free from the strange and terrifying plague that is sweeping the land--a plague that transforms ordinary people into murderous, bloodthirsty madmen. But the transformation is only the beginning. With the shocking realization that mankind is evolving into something different, something horrifying, the struggle for survival becomes a battle to save humanity.
A haunted mansion not only contains the ghosts of the past, but can reach into the future to predict how its current occupants will die.
Beneath the streets of the quiet English village of Leppington stir terrifying creatures, driven by an ancient need and united in their shared, unending craving. For untold years they have remained hidden, coming out only to feed and seen only by their unfortunate victims. Now the truth of their vile existence is about to be revealed--but will anyone believe it?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.