- Table View
- List View
"A talented new writer who instinctively grasps the broad rules of superior action thrillers and adapts them with pace, grace, humor, and a keen eye for cinematic effect."-Daily Telegraph (London) "Toyne's writing is stellar and downright fun. Get your Dan Brown game face on and step into the temple of Simon Toyne."-Madison County Herald Simon Toyne's breathtaking international bestseller, Sanctus, had critics everywhere cheering, calling the author the new Dan Brown (The Da Vinci Code) or Steve Berry (The Jefferson Key), while praising Toyne's debut thriller as "remarkable," "thrilling," "provocative," "haunting," and "spectacular." The adventure continues with The Key, returning readers to the dark world of a sinister religious order older than Christianity and their Vatican-like secret citadel high in the Turkish mountains-as one courageous woman must fulfill an enigmatic prophecy that could determine the ultimate fate of humankind. James Rollins, Raymond Khoury, and Chris Kuzneski fans will not want to miss this one.
One man's sacrifice shocks the world . . . One woman's courage threatens a conspiracy as old as humankind . . . And some will do anything-anything-to keep their secrets in the dark. Sanctus A man climbs a cliff face in the oldest inhabited place on earth, a mountain known as the Citadel, a Vatican-like city-state that towers above the city of Ruin in modern-day Turkey. But this is no ordinary ascent. It is a dangerous, symbolic act. And thanks to the media, it is an event witnessed by the entire world. Few people understand its consequence. But for foundation worker Kathryn Mann and a handful of others, it's evidence that a revolution is at hand. For the Sancti, the cowled and secretive monks who live inside the Citadel, it could mean the end of everything they have built. They will stop at nothing to keep what is theirs, and they will break every law in every country and even kill to hold it fast. For American reporter Liv Adamsen, it spurs the memory of the beloved brother she lost years before, setting her on a journey across the world and into the heart of her own identity. There, she will make a discovery so shocking that it will change everything. . . .
After the risecomes the fallWhen a cyber-attack at NASAs Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland disables the Hubble telescope and the Nobel Prize-winning scientist in charge disappears, the only clues left behind are a cryptic countdown clock and a chilling message displayed on the missing mans computer: Mankind Must Look No Further. Newly appointed FBI agent Joe Shepherd, a former academic star with degrees in astrophysics and computer science, is uniquely qualified to handle the investigation, but he is also hiding some secrets of his own. He discovers a note in the missing scientists handwriting that reads "end of days" and further evidence linking the cyber-attack to a series of strange events from eight months earlier--an explosion at the Citadel, an ancient monastery in Turkey; the deadly viral outbreak that occurred in its wake; and the disappearance of an American journalist named Liv Adamsen and ex-special forces operative Gabriel Mann. Liv has been trapped in the Syrian Desert, a prisoner of the prophecy that drove her there and now whispers of terrible things to come. Gabriel, infected and tormented by the deadly virus he carried out of the Citadel, is desperate to return before it spreads. Shepherds investigation takes him on a journey to the secrets at the very edge of the universe and also deep into his own past as the countdown clock continues and extraordinary events begin to manifest around the globe--animals migrating out of season, extreme weather battering the planet, people deserting the cities as they answer a growing urge to return to their original homes. In this exhilarating conclusion to the internationally bestselling Ruin trilogy, one womans destiny weaves the past and present together in a way that will change the future for us all. But what is the "end of days" and what does it really mean for humankind--will it be revelation or devastation?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.