- Table View
- List View
MAKE YOUR JOB WORK FOR YOU In today's often-challenging job market, many of us want to feel more engaged with our current jobs rather than try to find the "perfect" position. Veteran leadership consultants and authors Milo and Thuy Sindell share eight thought-provoking strategies to help you create the end of work as you know it--their phrase for the ideal state of harmony among what you do for a living, why you do it, and the results you achieve. Strategies such as Initiate Change, Create Meaning, Spark Creativity, and Build Legacy will empower you to make your job work for you--instead of the other way around. Real-world examples and practical exercises put the strategies into context and are sure to inspire you to take action, transforming the daily grind into lasting, meaningful accomplishments. These tools can help you regroup whenever you find yourself disengaged at the office, regardless of your field or career stage. So when you're ready to quit singing the 9-to-5 blues, The End of Work as You Know It guides you toward aligning your values with your professional goals in order to fundamentally change your experience of work.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Does your boss ignore you? Is your career going nowhere? Are you just going through the motions? If so, you need a trip to the Job Spa. Inside, authors Milo Sindell and Thuy Sindell detail an easy-to-master program that shows you how to reengage with your work and approach your career with new levels of energy and enthusiasm. Doing so will enable you to: Make a 100 percent commitment to get the most from your job Leverage your strengths to achieve their professional goals Conquer workplace culture Gain the respect of your boss and colleagues Build valuable relationships in the workplace Job Spa: Twelve Weeks to Refresh, Refocus, and Recommit to Your Careeris all you need to get excited, get noticed, and get ahead-once and for all. Milo Sindell, M. S. , has developed career training and employee integration programs for disabled adults. He has held senior management positions with Applied Signal, Intel, and Sun Microsystems. He lives in San Francisco. Thuy Sindell, Ph. D. is director for client services and a leadership coach for Mariposa Leadership, Inc. , providing coaching services for Fortune 100 companies. Recent clients have included Charles Schwab, Cisco, The Gap, and Wells Fargo. She lives in San Francisco. They are the authors ofSink or Swim: New Job. New Boss. 12 Weeks to Get It Right.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.