- Table View
- List View
A good book for children describing many types of animals and how their dads play a part of their lives, including the seahorse who actually gives birth to the little seahorse babies.
From Anaconda and duck-billed dinosaurs to Pompey's Pillar and Charlie Russell, B is for Big Sky Country is a book for all Montanans. The simple rhymes and informative text are woven together from A to Z designed to teach children and adults alike about the Treasure State. With each turn of the page you'll make a new discovery about Montana. Missoula author Sneed B. Collard III, who has authored more than 30 books for children, presents Montana-specific facts in simple poems: G belongs to Glacier, the most stunning park of all. Where wolves and bighorns wander, and bear grass blooms so tall. Young readers then discover details such as, "Over millions of years, the upheaval of the earth and patient scraping of glaciers created the magnificent mountains and valleys of Glacier National Park."
[From inside Dust Jacket:] "Thanks to the combined forces of a comet and a lightning storm, a dog named Sophie travels from the year 1926 to the present, where she follows Sam home from school. Through a bit of sleuthing, Sam and his outspoken grandfather Horace discover the old neighborhood Sophie has apparently come from. With Sophie's help, Sam travels back to 1926 to meet Sophie's owner, another 11-year-old named Rollie. The two boys discover they have a lot in common--including the notorious Cheesebro gang that has terrorized their city of Enterprise in both time periods! Together, the new friends hatch a plan to stop the corruption, crime, and urban blight that has afflicted their city--and pave the way for a brighter, revitalized future."
After he and his mother move from California to Montana to live with his grandfather, Guy gradually adjusts to the unfamiliar surroundings, makes a friend, and learns to deal with a bully, with the help of his Frisbee-catching dog, Streak.
In 1973, Michael and Kyle's discovery of a rare Confederate coin at an old Civil War fort turns into a race against time as the boys try to find more coins before a hurricane hits Alabama's Gulf coast.
After school Luther works part-time with a vet who rescues and retrains birds of prey but when he questions many of the community's beliefs about land use, he risks alienation from his friends and family.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.