One of the biggest hurdles to the acceptance of grass fed meats is the learning curve about how to cook them. Unlike regular meats purchased at a grocery store, these meats require special, tender, loving care to cook them differently than other meat. The author has ruined his fair share of dinners by trying to use conventional meat recipes on his grass fed beef. Stanley Fishman went digging in the past for answers. His persistent research in hundreds of old history and cooking books, unearthed the secrets of tender and delicious grass fed cookery. He studied how many traditional cultures around the world (including ancient Rome) prepared naturally raised livestock for the dinner table. He did extensive recipe testing and experimenting, which has resulted in a fantastic cooking book for the everyday cook. The multicultural flair and the historically accurate cooking methods updated for the modern kitchen are what sets this cookbook apart from others. . . The book covers beef, broth, bison, lamb, marinades, side dishes and organ meats. By narrowly focusing on meat, the author is able to immerse the home cook, and even the professional chef, in a very important cooking lesson: Throw out all you know about cooking meat and start over with Stanley Fishman as your coach for successful techniques and methods for grass fed meats.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.