- Table View
- List View
One of the biggest hurdles to the acceptance of grass fed meats is the learning curve about how to cook them. Unlike regular meats purchased at a grocery store, these meats require special, tender, loving care to cook them differently than other meat. The author has ruined his fair share of dinners by trying to use conventional meat recipes on his grass fed beef. Stanley Fishman went digging in the past for answers. His persistent research in hundreds of old history and cooking books, unearthed the secrets of tender and delicious grass fed cookery. He studied how many traditional cultures around the world (including ancient Rome) prepared naturally raised livestock for the dinner table. He did extensive recipe testing and experimenting, which has resulted in a fantastic cooking book for the everyday cook. The multicultural flair and the historically accurate cooking methods updated for the modern kitchen are what sets this cookbook apart from others. . . The book covers beef, broth, bison, lamb, marinades, side dishes and organ meats. By narrowly focusing on meat, the author is able to immerse the home cook, and even the professional chef, in a very important cooking lesson: Throw out all you know about cooking meat and start over with Stanley Fishman as your coach for successful techniques and methods for grass fed meats.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.