- Table View
- List View
You already know something about the world around you. You might know the names of different kinds of trees that can be found where you live. Maybe you even know the names of nearby cities and states. This book will help you find answers to question like these about the world we live in.
This book is everybody can write, but writing well takes some work. Steck-Vaughn's Start Smart Writing Strategies will give you strategies to help you improve your writing. By writing better, you will communicate better and get the results you want at school, at work, and in life. Writing is an active process. Good writers do more than just put words down on paper. They focus on their purpose and how they can best interest readers. They make sure their writing is clear, logical, and appealing. The strategies in this book will help you do the same. You'll learn to plan, write a solid first draft, and polish your writing through revision and proofreading. Try all of the strategies and see which ones work best for you. Your favorites will help you again and again.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.