- Table View
- List View
The second edition of Ethics and the Early Childhood Educator: Using the NAEYC Code is an NAEYC resource that we are pleased to publish and that follows a history of two minor revisions to the first edition. This edition includes situations that involve ethical dimensions--responsibilities and dilemmas-- based on the 2005 revision and the 2011 reaffirmation and updating of the Code.
Feeney (education, U. of Hawaii at Manoa) discusses the implications of professionalism for early childhood education, for education students and in-service trainees. She examines how professions are organized, including an overview of the nature of professions and the professional status of early childhood education; how individuals can exhibit the ideals and principles of professions in their work with children and families, including the knowledge and skills of early childhood educators, professional behavior, including communication and relationship skills, work ethic, professional ethics, and personal qualities; and self-reflection. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Aspiring educators are encouraged to learn about each child's strengths, interests, and challenges. This understanding, coupled with contemporary, research-based information, inspires readers to support each child's growth and learning in ways that are in harmony with who they are, rather than according to a predetermined plan.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.