- Table View
- List View
For as long as you can remember, you've had a dream. You've longed to see your product idea come to fruition so you never have to work for anyone else again. Stephen Key has been living this dream for 30 years. The developer of such lucrative products as Michael Jordan's WallBall®, the Spinformation® rotating label, and HotPicks® guitar picks, he knows better than anyone how to make a great living as an entrepreneur. Key develops ideas for new products, licenses them out, collects royalty checks, and doesn't look back. You can do it, too. All you need is One Simple Idea. In this book, Key reveals the secrets that helped him and thousands of his students--including bestselling author Tim Ferriss--turn their creativity into a passive income generator by "renting" an idea to a company, which takes care of R&D, production, marketing, sales, accounting, distribution, and everything else you don't want to do. You'll be amazed at how simple the process of licensing an idea for profit actually is. Key explains how to: * Keep your ideas safe--without spending time and money on a patent * Be your own boss--without formally opening a business * See your product go to market--without footing a dime in expenses * Make potentially big money--without quitting your day job The age-old business assumption that ideas must come from within organizations has been shattered. From global corporations to small businesses, companies have become so confident in outside entrepreneurs that licensing is now a $500 billion industry. Businesses need "freelancers" like Key--and you--to provide creative, marketable ideas for new offerings. With One Simple Idea, there's no prototyping, no patents, and, best of all, no risk. You can make the system work for you--rather than the other way around. Stephen Key has successfully licensed more than 20 simple ideas that have generated billions of dollars of revenue.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.