One day at the library, a book fell off the top shelf and hit Milo on the head. It was called Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days! The book's author, Dr. K. Pinkerton Silverfish, didn't look too perfect himself. In the picture on the back cover he was wearing a clown nose, and mustard was dripping down his chin. Milo figured the book was worth a try anyway. Perfect was obviously the perfect thing to be! But who had ever heard of wearing a stalk of broccoli around your neck for twenty-four hours? And that was only the first day....Milo is tired of feeling clunky and criticized. If he were perfect, he wouldn't break things, have terrible table manners or be scolded by anyone. To become perfect he has to do such odd things that his family and everyone at school thinks he's crazy or sick or both! Their reactions to his antics are hilarious. Here is an author who doesn't use parents as brainless props. Milo's father cares enough to find out why his son is being so polite and missing meals. He keeps Milo's secret and helps him in his quest. The weird Professor silverfish knows a thing or two about perfection that Milo never guessed. Don't miss the sequel to this book, Make A Million Dollars by Next Thursday and Stephen Manes' other humorous, popular, children's books. Mr. Manes is well known by adults for his columns in PC/Computer Magazine.
Max and his little brother Adam make a bet about eating chocolate-covered ants.
Mr.Zellner, Ivan's father, finds a new job at Nevada. Ivan and his father have to move to the new state leaving behind Ivan's friends and school. At Nevada, Ivan makes two close friends and a girlfriend, Caitlyn, who is not afraid to tell anyone anything on their faces. Ivan finds that his new school was a former casino which had burnt down. The high school instead of having Math, Science etc, it has College of Comedy, College of Gambling, etc. Basically it's a college form school having to do with gambling.
Jason Nozzle, multimillionaire. It has a nice ring to it. But can an ordinary kid really make that much money in one short week? Jason thinks so. He got the idea from a book called Make Four Million Dollar$ by Next Thur$day! The author, Dr. K. Pinkerton Silverfish, claims to be the world's leading authority on getting rich quick. Rich! The more Jason thinks about it, the better it sounds. He could buy everything he wanted. Instead of his asking his mom for money, his mom would ask him. Maybe he'd even give her an allowance. Jason takes the book home and follows its weird instructions. But by Tuesday he hasn't earned even a penny. Still, he won't give up, since Dr. Silverfish's methods come with a money-back guarantee!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.