Troy Jensen could do it all: he conquered the Seven Summits, sailed solo around the world twice, and even fought a bull in a Mexican slum on a dare. So when word comes that a rogue wave has swept Troy off a crab fishing boat in the Bering Sea and into a watery grave, his brother, Jack, doesn't buy it. Against his better judgment, Jack decides to quit his job as a Wall Street trader and head to Dutch Harbor, Alaska, to investigate. Minutes after revealing his plan in his father's New York City office, Jack is nearly run down in the street. He doesn't think much of it at the time, but as he digs deeper into Troy's disappearance, Jack unearths information about RED-CELL-SEVEN (RCS), a super-secret American intelligence group that has operated for forty years in almost total secrecy and with complete impunity--and its leaders intend to keep it that way at any cost. An adrenaline-pumping tale of one man's descent into a hellish underworld populated by terrorists, assassins, and very bad "good guys," Arctic Fire explores the disturbing difference between doing what is good and doing what is right when it comes to protecting America from her greatest enemies.
Mace McLain is the hottest young gun at Wall Street's last great independent banking firm. Now he's just been named co-manager of a multi-billion-dollar "vulture fund," an ultra-risky real estate scheme preying on naive investors. The powerful senior partner is willing to bet the bank on it. So is Kathleen Hunt, a gorgeous investment banker with high-level contacts. What do they know that he doesn't? With the help of a beautiful graduate student named Rachel Sommers, McLain follows a bizarre trail that stretches from the jungles of Latin America to Washington and the secret councils of the CIA ... where deception shadows his every move--and where even the most irrefutable evidence can't diminish his deadly risk. ...
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.