- Table View
- List View
If you've ever tried to convince Mom and Dad that the F on your report card stands for "fabulous," this hilarious collection of school poems is for you! In the tradition of the popular anthology No More Homework! No More Tests!, this book covers wild and wacky school topics, like bringing skunks to show-and-tell, falling asleep at your desk, and ripping your pants on the playground. The big-timers of children's poetry have converged on the pages of this book to deliver the very best in school poetry. Just ask the hundreds of elementary-school students who helped Bruce Lansky handpick these poems: Each poem is guaranteed to make you giggle, grin, and/or guffaw!
These all-new, delightfully silly nursey rhymes recount the latest adventures of Jack and Jill, Humpty Dumpty, Old King Cole, Old Mother Hubbard, Little Boy Blue, Little Bo-Beep, and other best-loved Mother Goose characters. Children have been waiting for this sequel for over 200 years. Sample verse: "Mary had a little jam; she spread it on a waffle. And if she hadn't eaten ten, she wouldn't feel so awful."This book is an iParenting Media Awards Back to School 2004 Winner: Poetry.
My Teacher's In Detention contains 50 hilarious poems about school that cover everything from homework and tests to detention and gross-out school lunches. The book contains poems by well-known poets, including Bruce Lansky, Jack Prelutsky, Kenn Nesbitt, and more great "giggle poets." eEditor and contributor Bruce Lansky is one of North America's three bestselling authors of children's poetry books. His kid-tested, giggle-filled children's poetry books have sold over 2.5 million copies. This book follows on the success of Lansky's other school poetry anthologies, No More Homework! No More Tests!, and If Kids Ruled the School, which have sold over 500,000 copies in all editions and are among the best selling children's poetry books at retail.
No More Homework! No More Tests! includes the funniest poems about school ever collected in one book. These hilarious poems were written by a number of poets, including Shel Silverstein, Jack Prelutsky, David L. Harrison, Colin McNaughton, Carol Diggory Shields, Kalli Dakos, and Bruce Lansky. Sillier than a teacher with hiccups, funnier than toilet paper stuck to the bottom of the principal's shoe, it is certain to have readers laughing by the first page. This book puts the cool back in school and makes students WANT to write and read poetry. Appropriate for Grades 1-6, and Ages 5-12.
Gobs of giggles, ladles of laughter! This revised collection of funny poems by beloved poets such as Bruce Lansky, Kenn Nesbitt, Robert Pottle, Eric Ode, Ted Scheu, and Dave Crawley will have both kid-size and grownup-size readers rolling in the aisles with laughter!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.