- Table View
- List View
Abraham Lincoln was born to a poor family on the American frontier. He was a hard worker, but he wanted more than a farmer's life. As he learned about the issues of his day, Abe longed to be a lawmaker himself, so he ran for the state legislature. Soon the farm boy would become the brilliant orator and admired president who finally proclaimed freedom for all Americans. Focusing on Lincoln's childhood and early manhood, this book explores the people and events that shaped one of America's greatest presidents.From the Trade Paperback edition.
A biography of Abraham Lincoln, focusing on his childhood spent in poverty on the Midwestern frontier and chronicling his rise to the presidency and the highlights of his tenure.
Tom Sawyer is among the best-known, most-loved characters in American fiction. As everyone remembers, he and Huck Finn camped on an island, got lost in a cave, and visited an old graveyard at midnight. These adventures were based upon the author's real boyhood experiences along the Mississippi River. Trace Mark Twain's life from 1835, when his birth was heralded by Halley's Comet, to 1910, when the comet returned upon his death, in this fascinating biography by Newbery Honor author Sterling North. .
A Newbery Honor Book about the author and his best friend, a raccoon named Rascal, in 1918.
Unable to hear, Thomas Edison seemed unlikely to become one of America?s greatest inventors, but as a hardworking young man, he wasn?t about to let a minor obstacle stop him. He invented the phonograph, the incandescent lightbulb, and motion pictures, to name but three of his many important inventions. Eventually he was named ?the greatest living American. ? Follow Thomas Edison?s life from losing his sense of hearing to losing his hard-earned fortune, in this intriguing biography by Newbery Honor author Sterling North. .
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.