- Table View
- List View
Book three of Last of the ShardynOnly scattered groups of exhausted heroes remain...Veteran police chief Skip Walkins has really done it this time. After crossing realities to fight the onslaught of the Drynn, the spawn of the Underworld, he's one of only a few motley survivors of an epic massacre. By his blood, he's sworn to unite with Shardyn Knight Gavin Blackburn against the armies of Asmodeous the Pale, Lord of the Underworld and ruler of the Drynn. The two must seek resistance fighters wherever they can-even in Vambrace, among those who killed Gavin's father.Reformed sociopath Donovan Smith has traveled to Vambrace for his own reasons-the new voice in his head claims that there he will learn how he came to be the Antimage, impervious to the deadliest magical attacks.Donovan's secrets may hold the key to defeating the Drynn, but they may upset the delicate alliance of the Blood Sworn in the process. And if Skip and Gavin can't fight together as one, the Drynn will attain total victory over Earth and its magical twin, Theia.See how the forces of the Underworld were unleashed in Drynn and Through the Black Veil.137,000 words
Book one of Last of the ShardynMontana police chief Skip Walkins is hot on the trail of a murder suspect when he witnesses a drifter free the Lord of the Underworld. Seventeen years ago, five knights from Earth's magical twin, Theia, entombed Asmodeous the Pale, Lord of the Drynn, in Skip's town. Now that the dark god is free again, he's anxious to get back home and finish the war he began...to enslave all life. It begins with killing the knights who trapped him.Deprived of their magic, the knights fight back using whatever they can get their hands on, from samurai swords to assault rifles. Skip gets reluctantly drawn in to their struggle while Donovan Smith, the demi-god murderer whom Skip was after in the first place, plots to find the Lord of the Underworld and butcher him on his own.Together, these unlikely heroes might just save the world. If they don't kill each other first.91,000 words
Book two of Last of the ShardynA dark god, a police chief and four knights walk into a portal...Ex-commando and Montana police chief Skip Walkins's life just got a whole lot worse. The malevolent god Asmodeous the Pale has escaped to Earth's magical twin, Theia, where he plans to release his underworld minions and enslave mankind. Skip, in a fit of unwise bravery, follows.He ends up allied again with Gavin Blackburn and the Shardyn Knights. Desperate to warn the Theians about Asmodeous, the Knights don't blink at crossing a sky-high mountain range and battling a legendary necromancer to do so.The thing is, nobody wants to listen to the Knights' tales of dread. Immersed in a magic-fueled tournament for immortality, the Theians give Gavin and Skip a motley crew of mismatched warriors to lead against all the fury of the underworld.And if Gavin and Skip can't stop Asmodeous, both Theia and Earth will be doomed.See how the struggle began in Drynn.126,000 words
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.