- Table View
- List View
Developers are charged with building applications that are dynamic, interactive and exciting, but they also must eat and sleep. Ajax allows a request from a web page to go to the server, get data and display it without bothering the user. The results are web applications that have the responsiveness of sophisticated applications. Consultant and practitioner Olson offers those new to Java the basics and moves up to advanced ideas at a brisk pace. He begins with setup, then advances to creating the application, building and deploying it, setting up XML documents and passing data with ISON, getting useful data (as in forms and suggestion fields), using libraries and toolkits, using DWR, building drag-and-drop functions, creating Ajax tags and libraries, using Struts, combining JavaServer Faces and Ajax, and getting past "handmade" with the Google Web Toolkit. Examples abound, as do illustrations. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.