- Table View
- List View
Do You know which is the largest fish in the world? The fastest? The one with the most teeth? The deadliest to humans? What makes Rays so dangerous? Are electric eels real eels? And why is the Olive fish so famous? What is the most poisonous fish in the world? Learn the answers to these and many other neat fascinating facts about the Worlds largest and most fearsome fish from the sea to freshwater, and even fish that live in both.
The life of Marie Curie, her two Nobel prizes for her work on radiation and the discovery of the element Radium. The effects of radiation on her health and the many applications in the medical field as well as warfare. Also includes a historical timeline which corelates the events of Curie's life with those of the world. An excellent book for a book report.
Your Foundation in Health & Social Care provides readers with all the knowledge and skills necessary for effective learning at Foundation level, both in study and the workplace. It explores all the key areas of the Foundation Degree, including: - critical analysis and practice - communication - work placement skills - psychology Each chapter features case studies to translate theory into real-life practice, activities to challenge readers, and further reading so that students can develop their understanding. This is an essential companion for those studying foundation degrees across health and social care, and also valuable reading for students at higher education level.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.