[from the back cover] "Do you believe in miracles? Based on the original book by Emma Kragen, with over 500,000 copies sold! Twelve-year-old Emma needs a miracle or two. Her dad's lost his job, and she's been packed off to Doverville to live with a not-so-friendly family friend until her dad gets back on his feet. To make matters worse, the town has a strict no-dogs law--and Emma's just rescued a puppy. Emma soon finds a friend in Mike, whose mom runs a dog orphanage just outside the city limits, but the dastardly dogcatcher is determined to get every dog they save. And when they discover his plans for the captured canines, they know he must be stopped. Can Emma and Mike find a way to strike down this unfair law in time? They'll need help from their friends--and a few dogs--to pull it off. In this heartwarming novelization of the best-selling family film, kids learn that they can create a change for good--and that miracles really are possible!"
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.