- Table View
- List View
A comprehensive collection of cutting-edge methods to study and work with the vaccinia virus and other poxvirus gene transcriptions. These readily reproducible techniques can be used for the construction and characterization of recombinant viruses; for the study of poxvirus gene transcription and DNA replication; for the investigation of the binding, entry, and movement of the virus in host cells; and for the use of the virus in immunologic and cell-cell fusion assays. Other methods cover poxvirus bioinformatics, aspects of viral pathogenesis at both a protein and an animal model level, and the study of immune responses to poxviruses-the latter a critical ability given the important role of vaccinia virus in smallpox vaccination and their potential role as vaccine vectors directed against infectious agents and cancer.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.