- Table View
- List View
A comprehensive collection of cutting-edge methods to study and work with the vaccinia virus and other poxvirus gene transcriptions. These readily reproducible techniques can be used for the construction and characterization of recombinant viruses; for the study of poxvirus gene transcription and DNA replication; for the investigation of the binding, entry, and movement of the virus in host cells; and for the use of the virus in immunologic and cell-cell fusion assays. Other methods cover poxvirus bioinformatics, aspects of viral pathogenesis at both a protein and an animal model level, and the study of immune responses to poxviruses-the latter a critical ability given the important role of vaccinia virus in smallpox vaccination and their potential role as vaccine vectors directed against infectious agents and cancer.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.