- Table View
- List View
Childhood obesity is a growing and worrying epidemic in our country. Kids these days are not getting the appropriate foods and healthy activity they need. They are bombarded constantly by marketers selling them on highly processed snacks, drinks, and junk food and they've become the victims of isolating technology which only enables them to stay at home instead of going outside to play. Combat Fat for Kids offers an alternative plan of action for parents to help their children become more aware of good decisions and initiate solid solutions to improve the health of the entire family and beat this deadly disease.Written by acclaimed fitness expert James Villepigue and noted health writer Jo Brielyn, Combat Fat for Kids offers a comprehensive plan that will finally help kids to form better health habits, a more active life and a very bright future. The nutritional and exercise programs featured in the book are effective because they are geared toward the mindset and interests of the family as a whole. The book encourages wholesome nutrition, including whole, unprocessed food choices and embraces local and sustainable food that their young body's were designed to consume. Daily activities are included, that will add a spark to their body's natural fat fighting defense, as well as "kid play", sports, and family-based events. Additional sections on behavioral change provides the proper psychological framework for ingraining healthy choices that will last a lifetime.Combat Fat for Kids includes expert advice and tips from top nutritionists, dieticians, fitness professionals, and psychologists to provide a highly reliable resource that's built on an easy-to-understand foundation that can be adapted to meet the needs of every family. Combat Fat for Kids is also a great and important tool for every parent interested in making the process a more collaborative one for the whole family.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.