`Tim Bond has co-authored the Second Edition with Sue Culley, creating a unique combination of ethical underpinnings and guidance in combination with practical issues' - Therapy Today Integrative Counselling Skills in Action is a bestselling text, which has been used to train many thousands of people in counselling skills. Now in its Second Edition, this highly practical book provides a step-by-step introduction to the core skills and their use in a wide variety of helping situations. Following the process through its three main stages - beginning, middle and ending - the authors describe the aims of each stage and the particular strategies, which are used to achieve these goals. Frequent extracts of dialogue are given to demonstrate the interactions, which take place between practitioner and client at different stages in the process. This fully updated edition also includes many practical features - such as guidelines for good practice, checklists and summaries - as well as new material on: coping with demanding situations, being successful in using counselling skills; and a new extended case study. Integrative Counselling Skills in Action, Second Edition is an ideal text for use on courses and recommended reading for anyone who uses counselling skills in their work.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.