- Table View
- List View
Students need to be critical, analytical and evaluative in their thinking, reading and writing when undertaking the challenge of a social work degree. While lecturers may highlight this need when marking assignments, there is limited space to explore these topics within an already tight social work curriculum. This concise guide helps to tackle this problem. It includes chapters on thinking critically, how to develop writing skills, how to reason and finally, developing as a critical practitioner.
Fashion Design is a primer on the industry for the twenty-first century, uniting history, theory, and practice in one indispensable book. Topics include the language of clothing, patterns, fabrics, and making techniques, how to build a collection and portfolio, and how to present on the catwalk and in the office. Perfect for aspiring designers, this describes the skills needed to become a fashion designer, discusses careers, and gives an inside view of the fashion business today.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.