Obstetric hematology is a fast-growing area of medicine covering the diagnosis and management of hematological problems of pregnancy. Comprehensive in approach, The Obstetric Hematology Manual addresses the many hematological conditions that can cause serious problems in pregnancy, delivery and the post-partum period for both mother and baby. Written by a team of international authorities, this text provides up-to-date, evidence-based guidelines on best care, as well as sound advice based on the experience and opinion of experts. Where appropriate, basic principles are discussed to clarify the rationale for management, and systems and procedures for disease prevention are highlighted. Many conditions and cases are discussed, including venous thromboembolism, pre-eclampsia, anemia, thrombocytopenia and inherited disorders. This book will appeal to both trainees and practitioners in obstetrics, obstetric medicine, obstetric anesthesia and hematology. It is also an accessible text for midwives, nurses, and laboratory staff.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.