- Table View
- List View
Obstetric hematology is a fast-growing area of medicine covering the diagnosis and management of hematological problems of pregnancy. Comprehensive in approach, The Obstetric Hematology Manual addresses the many hematological conditions that can cause serious problems in pregnancy, delivery and the post-partum period for both mother and baby. Written by a team of international authorities, this text provides up-to-date, evidence-based guidelines on best care, as well as sound advice based on the experience and opinion of experts. Where appropriate, basic principles are discussed to clarify the rationale for management, and systems and procedures for disease prevention are highlighted. Many conditions and cases are discussed, including venous thromboembolism, pre-eclampsia, anemia, thrombocytopenia and inherited disorders. This book will appeal to both trainees and practitioners in obstetrics, obstetric medicine, obstetric anesthesia and hematology. It is also an accessible text for midwives, nurses, and laboratory staff.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.