- Table View
- List View
Written for preschool and primary school teachers involved in preparing for, administering, interpreting, and moving forward with the results of informal and standardized testing, Wortham's Assessment in Early Childhood Education, Sixth Edition, is one of the most accessible and practical books available in measurement and evaluation examines both standardized and informal assessment tools from a developmental perspective, focusing entirely on children between birth and age eight. Key changes to this edition include: a new emphasis on building partnerships with families with the inclusion of a diverse array of parents and families as examples; revised and expanded information on children from diverse cultures and languages and children with disabilities; updated and streamlined figures, examples, and models of assessment are found throughout the text; activities at the end of the chapters provide opportunities for students to apply their own performance activities and demonstrate understanding of chapter content; updated content on the effects of No Child Left Behind; and new information on current trends toward accountability and the impact of high-stakes testing.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.