- Table View
- List View
The students in Miss K's class experience situations that occur in schools everywhere. When Sophia's helper is absent, her fellow third-graders help out by learning how to push her wheelchair. Sophia's story teaches about caring, kindness, and children with disabilities with brilliant illustrations and humorous text. What Do You Think? quetions, Miss K's Classroom rules, and a glossary aid teachers in classroom discussions about the character trait of caring featured in this stunning picture book. Special thanks to content consultant Vicki F. Panaccione Ph. D.
Roll into one little boy's make-believe traffic world, filled with flashing lights, zooming cars, whirring helicopters, and racing fire engines. He's turned records into rotaries, shoe boxes and books into highway ramps, crayons into lane markers, and dandelions into trees. It's a world where imagination rules and creativity abounds. With its bouncy rhyming text and bright illustrations, this book is perfect for every preschooler who loves planes, trains, and automobiles. It's a bold introduction to how vehicles stop . . . andgo!
The students in Miss K's class experience situations that occur in schools everywhere. When he refuses to help Dalton cheat on his multiplication test, Alex then suggests they study together, helping each other with their weak subjects. Isaiah's story teaches about cheating, priorities, and friendship with brilliant illustrations and humorous text. What Do You Think? quetions, Miss K's Classroom rules, and a glossary aid teachers in classroom discussions about the character trait of cheating featured in this stunning picture book. Special thanks to content consultant Vicki F. Panaccione Ph. D.
This entertaining English/Spanish board book for young children features two adventurous toddlers on an afternoon romp through their backyard. As they blow bubbles, pull their wagon, and play with toys, young readers discover what comes in twos: hands, feet, eyes, ears, legs, and arms.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.