- Table View
- List View
C. P. Scott, the founder editor of The Manchester Guardian, once said: "News is sacred, opinion is free." In India, news in a written format was always been considered the truth and has been more powerful than the spoken word. Not anymore.
As conversations and images get increasingly captured on the 'fly', the next generation of Indian literature will evolve across diverse media platforms dissolving old hegemonies and notions. It will impact writers in other Indian languages so that even literature in Indian languages will aspire to reach global audiences as publishers vie to translate works into German, French, Chinese, and other emerging language platforms. URBAN VOICE aims to capture this thrilling transformation by creating a platform for thinkers to capture 'next-in-line' trends and go beyond. URBAN VOICE will publish thought-provoking pieces from all areas in different forms. To give you an idea we are listing below few, not exhaustive in any way: -Comics -Current history -Essays -Fiction -Graphic novellas -Interviews -Photo essays -Publishing -Trend analyses
The book is a beautiful compilation of finely-crafted essays by well-known writers from the Indian subcontinent. The essays range from why India does not have primacy in Asia to the aroma of food.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.