The UCSMP Third Edition curriculum emphasizes problem solving, everyday applications, and the use of technology and reading, while developing and maintaining basic skills. UCSMP Algebra has a scope far wider than most other algebra texts, with mathematical topics integrated throughout. Statistics and geometry are settings for work with linear expressions and sentences. Probability provides a context for algebraic fractions and functions. Expressions, equations, and functions are described graphically, symbolically, and in tables. Concepts and skills are taught with a variety of approaches.
Functions, Statistics, and Trigonometry (The University of Chicago School Mathematics Project, 3rd Edition)by John W. Mcconnell Susan A. Brown Marshall Lassak Paul J. Karafiol Zalman Usiskin Sara Brouwer Mary Ives Rosa Mccullagh Natalie Jakucyn
The text has been developed by the Secondary Component of the project, and constitutes the core of the sixth year in a seven-year middle and high school mathematics curriculum. All lessons have been reviewed and examined afresh for this edition but the overall content and mathematical prerequisites are the same as in previous editions. New instructional features for this edition include: a Big Idea, Mental Math questions, Activities, Guided Examples, and Quiz Yourself (QY).
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.