- Table View
- List View
Create beautiful woodland-inspired accessories The gorgeous and cozy projects inColorwork Creationssimply beg to be knit. Choose from more than 30 hats, mittens and gloves that pair traditional Sanquhar knitting motifs with birds and beasts of the woodlands. Small enough for a quick-knitted gift, but precious enough to cherish forever, these pieces will, these pieces will delight and inspire for years to come. Colorwork Creationsfeatures: · Over 30 stunning patterns, ranging from ski hats, chullos and tams to flip-top mittens, knit in a wide variety of luscious yarns and colors. · Full-color charts showcasing traditional colorwork motifs and original designs inspired by creatures of the forest: nuthatches, butterflies, reindeer and more. · Detailed patterns, techniques and tips for stress-free knitting. An innovative "finger-to-cuff" construction method for mittens and gloves makes sizing and construction a breeze. · Options for mixing and matching motifs for truly unique and customized creations. Your adventure begins here: take a journey through colorwork with woodland-inspired knits.
Create beautiful woodland-inspired accessories The gorgeous and cozy projects in Colorwork Mittens & Gloves simply beg to be knit. Small enough for a quick-knitted gift, but precious enough to cherish forever, these pieces will delight and inspire for years to come. Your adventure begins here: take a journey through colorwork with woodland-inspired knits.
Knit Gorgeous Colorwork Accessories in the Nordic Tradition! Traditional Scandinavian and Icelandic designs are given new life in the projects found in Nordic Knitting Traditions. 25 projects feature original floral, star, feather and geometric motifs, all knit in fresh and modern colors. With a diverse collection of hats, tams, mittens, gloves, socks, knee-highs and legwarmers, you'll find plenty of jaw-dropping, colorful accessories to knit for yourself and the ones you love. Inside: Thoughtful construction and full-color charts make these designs easy to knit. Variations for knitting mittens and gloves in two ways and lengthening socks into knee-highs, as well as fully charted alternative colorways, allow you to achieve customized looks. "Complete the Look" instructions guide you to patterns that match, making it easy to create coordinating accessories. Tips and tricks for sizing, construction and stress-free knitting help you knit items that will become family heirlooms. Nordic Knitting Traditions celebrates the roots of stranded knitting with inspiring designs and elegant colorways. Start knitting your own piece of history today.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.