- Table View
- List View
Button It Up: 80 Amazing Vintage Button Projects for Necklaces, Bracelets, Embellishments, Housewares and Moreby Susan Beal
Brilliant ideas of making jewelry out of buttons. Provides techniques of how to do it by yourself.
If you think quilting is too difficult or too complicated, you're not alone. Cutting hundreds of pieces and joining angled seams can be tough work! But log cabin quilting--an artful and simple way to piece strips of fabric around a central square--is different. From the intuitive construction through the straight-line stitching, this style of quilting is simple as can be. In Modern Log Cabin Quilting, Susan Beal outlines the entire process from start to finish, including basic quilting how-to as well as extensive design, fabric, and embellishment information. Since all log cabin designs follow the same formula, once you master straight lines and right angles, any of the 25 projects in this book are possible. From stash-friendly designs like the Charming Camera Case to more ambitious undertakings like the Vintage Linens Quilt, there's sure to be a project that will get you into (or bring you back to) quilting!From the Trade Paperback edition.
From autumn's bursts of orange and red to spring's lush greens, summer's long-lasting golden light and winter's cool whites and grays, the changing seasons provide endless artistic inspiration. In Sewing for All Seasons, author Susan Beal offers 24 beautiful projects imbued with the spirit of each season. Home sewists will enjoy stitching a cozy patchwork throw for autumn, a bright gardening apron to welcome spring, a colorful picnic quilt for summer, and soft woolen slippers for those chilly winter nights. With how-to illustrations, helpful templates and patterns, tons of color, and eye-catching photography, this book will leap off shelves and inspire crafters all year long.
Geek meets craft in this fun collection of 25 kooky projects for geeks of any affiliation, from D&D dice earrings, Star Trek pillows, and Super Mario cross-stitch to Star Wars terrariums, a Morse code quilt, and much more! Organized by difficulty from "Not a Jedi Yet" to "Warp Speed," World of Geekcraft covers a range of popular crafting techniques including beading, quilting, appliqué, embroidery, and needle felting. Best of all, it's easy to get started with step-by-step instructions and handy templates included in the back of the book. With lots of photos and plenty of geekery throughout, this one-of-a-kind book shows that geek and craft go together like...pixels and cross-stitch!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.