- Table View
- List View
Nowadays people in their 40s and 50s--the revolutionary generation of the1960s and 1970s--are not walking quietly into their sunset years. In THINKING ABOUT TOMORROW, Susan Crandell, a prominent journalist who describes her own self-rediscovery at 52, surveys the possibilities open to her readers in such areas as travel, work, family, and health. In the process she provides vivid profiles of dozens of men and women who have remade their lives in fascinating ways. The book offers guidance to midlifers who yearn for a more fulfilling life, and includes a valuable list of resources including books, magazines, organizations, and related Web sites that will motivate and enable readers to embrace the promise of their middle years with a renewed sense of optimism and vigor.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.