- Table View
- List View
Nowadays people in their 40s and 50s--the revolutionary generation of the1960s and 1970s--are not walking quietly into their sunset years. In THINKING ABOUT TOMORROW, Susan Crandell, a prominent journalist who describes her own self-rediscovery at 52, surveys the possibilities open to her readers in such areas as travel, work, family, and health. In the process she provides vivid profiles of dozens of men and women who have remade their lives in fascinating ways. The book offers guidance to midlifers who yearn for a more fulfilling life, and includes a valuable list of resources including books, magazines, organizations, and related Web sites that will motivate and enable readers to embrace the promise of their middle years with a renewed sense of optimism and vigor.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.