- Table View
- List View
Touches of Heaven Right Here on Earth The best stories -- the ones that touch our hearts at their very cores, the ones that inspire us to our greatest heights -- are true stories of ordinary people just like ourselves. People who share a kind word in time of need, who do a simple deed that lifts a weary heart, who make a difference in a difficult day. The stories in this book are not about great, winged celestial beings sent from heaven's majestic gates. No, these stories are about earth angels. The kind of angels who unknowingly intercept a suicide attempt through a gentle act of kindness, beam messages of hope over an old CB radio, or provide patient care in a duck suit. As you read the stories in this book, your spirit will be inspired and the strings of your heart tuned to opportunities for you to be a little bit of heaven right here on earth.
Award-winning author Susan Duke writes from painful experience as she shows how to deal with grief in a way that brings hope back to life.When Susan Duke's teenage son was tragically killed, she found herself stranded in a dark pit of grief. Yet she discovered a way out: by GRIEVING FORWARD--taking practical steps to face and overcome her pain and refusing to let loss freeze her in her tracks. She experienced God's healing touch and embraced life again. Though she still lives with the loss of her son, Duke also lives with incredible joy. Everyone experiences grief; GRIEVING FORWARD points the way not only to surviving it, but thriving in spite of it.
Youth and vitality are a state of mind and a reflection of the heart. This beautiful book is a tribute to those who may not be "kids" anymore, but who brighten the landscape of life with their youthful exuberance and excitement for living. Your heart will soar as you read inspirational stories of well-known men and women who continued to impact our work well beyond the years of their youth. You'll learn surprising details about people you just thought you knew, and you'll see that wisdom shines b righter, talent runs deeper, and the wealth of experience is more inspirational in those who are young at heart. Whether for yourself or a youthful friend or loved one, the true stories, inspirational messages, and the surprise foldout pages with words of encouragement from God will lift your heart for years to come.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.