- Table View
- List View
Touches of Heaven Right Here on Earth The best stories -- the ones that touch our hearts at their very cores, the ones that inspire us to our greatest heights -- are true stories of ordinary people just like ourselves. People who share a kind word in time of need, who do a simple deed that lifts a weary heart, who make a difference in a difficult day. The stories in this book are not about great, winged celestial beings sent from heaven's majestic gates. No, these stories are about earth angels. The kind of angels who unknowingly intercept a suicide attempt through a gentle act of kindness, beam messages of hope over an old CB radio, or provide patient care in a duck suit. As you read the stories in this book, your spirit will be inspired and the strings of your heart tuned to opportunities for you to be a little bit of heaven right here on earth.
Award-winning author Susan Duke writes from painful experience as she shows how to deal with grief in a way that brings hope back to life.When Susan Duke's teenage son was tragically killed, she found herself stranded in a dark pit of grief. Yet she discovered a way out: by GRIEVING FORWARD--taking practical steps to face and overcome her pain and refusing to let loss freeze her in her tracks. She experienced God's healing touch and embraced life again. Though she still lives with the loss of her son, Duke also lives with incredible joy. Everyone experiences grief; GRIEVING FORWARD points the way not only to surviving it, but thriving in spite of it.
Youth and vitality are a state of mind and a reflection of the heart. This beautiful book is a tribute to those who may not be "kids" anymore, but who brighten the landscape of life with their youthful exuberance and excitement for living. Your heart will soar as you read inspirational stories of well-known men and women who continued to impact our work well beyond the years of their youth. You'll learn surprising details about people you just thought you knew, and you'll see that wisdom shines b righter, talent runs deeper, and the wealth of experience is more inspirational in those who are young at heart. Whether for yourself or a youthful friend or loved one, the true stories, inspirational messages, and the surprise foldout pages with words of encouragement from God will lift your heart for years to come.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.