Motherhood is full of uncertainty.What do my children really need? Whyare they doing that? Is this normal? What can I do to help them? How can I knowfor certain that I am doing this right?Thelogistics are easy. Anybody can do laundry and carpool. But what makes a motherthe best mom she can be? It's notbetter scheduling. Or more activities. Or less. It ispassion--the passion to teach, protect, study, and prepare her children for thefuture. Great, buthow?SusanMerrill, the mother of five incredibly different children, has asked thatquestion countless times. And she has read countless answers specific to acertain child's temperament, age, or situation. But nothing she read offered anoverall approach to parenting that would enable her to say with confidence, "I am doing this right." She neverguessed she would find a foundational plan--a reliable, universal parentingapproach in the Old Testament book of Nehemiah.In ThePassionate Mom, Susan takes you on a journey through Nehemiah and into theheart of parenting. Her stories and confessions in every chapter reveal whatshe has learned: no mom can control her child's future, but every mom canparent well. There is a plan--a roadmap for how a passionate mom can parentalmost any child, confidently. "...Thisbook reaches mothers like me at both the heart level and the head level,showing us how to guide our children passionately and practically..."--Shaunti Feldhahn,social researcher, national speaker and best-selling author of "For WomenOnly" "Being a mother is the greatest joy of my life.My friend Susan Merrill regularly inspires me in my role as a Mother. In herbook, she will inspire you!"--Denise Jonas, Motherof Kevin, Joe, Nick and Frankie Jonas "Every mother's goalis to see her children fully blossom. In 'The Passionate Mom' Susan Merrill not only outlines the qualities women need tobe successful moms, but also lays out a practical, biblical plan to helpdevelop those qualities. She provides sound advice to help in thedifficult task of raising children." --Lauren and Tony Dungy
Motherhood is full of uncertainty. But the best mothers have passion--the passion to teach, protect, study, and prepare her children for the future. Great, but how? Merrill, the mother of five children, has asked that question countless times and creates a plan. Learn about the 10 Ps for parenting as you journey through the book of Nehemiah and how it applies to parenting.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.