- Table View
- List View
This is the 3rd, totally revised edition of a well-known textbook that continues to represent the gold standard in the literature on clinical andrology. It examines in depth all aspects of male reproductive health, encompassing the basic physiology of male reproductive function and a wide range of disorders. Each of the chapters is written by outstanding experts in the field. Among the topics covered are: Testicular function, sperm maturation and fertilization, diagnostic procedures, infertility, primary and secondary hypogonadism, late-onset hypogonadism, erectile dysfunction, genetic disorders, environmental influences, psychology and sexual medicine, testosterone therapy, assisted reproduction: TESE and ICSI, cryopreservation, male contraception and ethics in andrology. This volume will serve as a textbook for the newcomer to andrology, while providing the experienced physician with a valuable reference work. It will appeal to all who are concerned with male reproductive health.
Now in its fourth edition Testosterone: Action, Deficiency, Substitution provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive source of information on testosterone and its role in human physiology and pathology. It covers biosynthesis and mechanisms of action and reviews their effects on brain and behavior, spermatogenesis, hair growth, bones, muscles, erythropoiesis, the cardiovascular system and the prostate. The therapeutic uses of testosterone preparations are carefully evaluated as well as its abuse and detection in competitive sport. This new edition also devotes sections to exploring the effects of testosterone on female physiology and sexual function, and the experimental use of testosterone in male hormonal contraception. Testosterone: Action, Deficiency, Substitution has been written and edited by world experts in the fields of clinical andrology and endocrinology and provides a unique and invaluable guide for andrologists, endocrinologists, urologists, internists and those working in reproductive medicine.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.