ABBY IS WORKING FURIOUSLY to finish the centerpiece of The Nature Museum's "Wonderful World of Wings" exhibit, to be shown at the Leavenworth Bird Fest. She is also trying to brush up on her movie trivia now that the island's young people have sponsored "Cinema Classics" movie night. When her old beau from Cornell University unexpectedly appears, Abby is caught up in a whirlwind of romance, all the while trying to figure out who is responsible for the ring of credit card theft that has plagued the community. Could it be one of the youngsters she has become so fond of ? Or her long lost love? And can she corner the culprit before tourists get wind of the problem?
Four festive Christmas novellas by four outstanding authors: In J. D. Robb's "Midnight in Death," Lieutenant Eve Dallas must postpone her first Christmas with her new husband. Roarke, to hunt for an escaped serial killer-but she and Roarke still manage to find ways to celebrate. Susan Plunkett's "Christmas Promises" brings a woman and her ex-fiance together after four lono years as they search for a missing child-and make up for broken promises of Christmases past. In Dee Holmes's "The Unexpected Gift," Sabrina McKay and her five-year-old son are coping with the first Christmas since her divorce when her son finds a "body in the yard-and unexpectedly they rediscover the true spirit of the holidays. In Claire Cross's "A Berry Merry Christmas," a mysterious nanny has a special message to deliver to a voting orphan and her uncle who long to feel the joy of Christmas in their hearts once again.
Undercover Agent Requiem Maguire is drowning in problems. A ruthless criminal wants him dead. And an alluring woman named Caladonia Hornsby, who claims to have traveled through time, desperately needs his help. Should he be true to his heart and believe Cally's fantastic tale? If she's lying, it could cost him his life. . .
Abigail stanton, back home to care for her sister after so many years away, soon finds herself swept away by Sparrow Island's serene beauty...and mystery. Abigail stanton, back home to care for her sister after so many years away, soon finds herself swept away by Sparrow Island's serene beauty...and mystery. It isn't long before Abby spots a marbled murrelet and its mate, birds that are rare and endangered in the Pacific Northwest. A missing journal may be the only way to save them. Can she find the proof she needs? And what is that strange drawing on the fence behind her sister's home? Join Abby as she begins her new calling as an amateur sleuth, with God's hand guiding her way.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.