- Table View
- List View
Step-by-step instruction and beautiful photography shows crafters how to create stunning necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and much more. This new reference gives an inside look at the artists' creative processes, including how they choose color and materials and how they add the finishing touches. Most importantly, they reveal how serendipity plays a role in their creative processes. Readers will be inspired to embark on an artistic journey to create magnificent works of art for future generations to behold.
Your One-Stop Source for Beading Know-How Jewelry and beading expert Susan Ray, along with dozens of expert jewelry artists, bring you this complete tutorial for making your own jewelry to fit your personal style. Whether you prefer professional and polished, classic and elegant, or casual and comfortable, you will find the designs and information needed to complete your jewelry pieces using this book. You will also benefit from valuable lessons in: Bead history Bead sizing, definitions, weights and charts Organizing and caring for your beads Stringing basics Preparing findings and closures, found objects and vintage findings Creating beads with metal clay, polymer clay, lampwork and more Stitching with beads Selling your jewelry With so much essential information within these pages,Beaded Jewelry the Complete Guideis your one-stop source for everything you need to know about beading.
Learn, Sell, Teach From the novice beader who is just learning to string a bracelet to the experienced jewelry-maker who is already out selling and teaching the art to others, everyone can find something to love on the pages within. Experienced jewelry designers Susan Ray and Sue Wilke walk you through the basics and then launch into a plethora of engaging jewelry designs for you to replicate. Along the way, they offer tips and tidbits to make your beading experience as enjoyable as possible. Featured inside: 75 projects showcasing bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings, watches and miniature amulet bags 300 gorgeous full-color photographs and illustrations to accompany easy-to-follow instructions Extensive techniques section covering beading basics, necessary tools and tips on personal style, color choice and design options
The excitement surrounding jewelry making is based, in part, on the wide variety of materials available. Organic Beaded Jewelry bridges the gap between assorted materials used to create find jewelry, and demonstrates techniques to make truly unique items. Organic jewelry accounts for something with a natural form, shape or function, or items made from natural materials or those that mimic nature. Whether its precious metal or polymer clay, glass and gemstones, this complete reference offers options for more than 40 stunning pieces of jewelry including necklaces and bracelets. In addition to more than 150 color illustrations, the book includes the techniques and creativity of other well-known artists, for an unrivaled how-to resource!
Great variety of techniques gathered by an impressive panel of beading experts Provides detailed instructions to put to use, and then post on beading blogs for others to learn from Beading basics never go out of style, because like many beaders, you are always looking for ways to efficiently and creatively design projects. This must-have guide covers essential skills including chain maille, cutting wire, making P loops, bending wire, making eye loops, jump rings, and using a wrapped bead link technique. Among the 20+ projects featured in the book, you will discover instructions for earrings, chokers, necklaces, pendants and more, all designed by the author and other respected jewelry artists.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.