- Table View
- List View
Step-by-step instruction and beautiful photography shows crafters how to create stunning necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and much more. This new reference gives an inside look at the artists' creative processes, including how they choose color and materials and how they add the finishing touches. Most importantly, they reveal how serendipity plays a role in their creative processes. Readers will be inspired to embark on an artistic journey to create magnificent works of art for future generations to behold.
Your One-Stop Source for Beading Know-How Jewelry and beading expert Susan Ray, along with dozens of expert jewelry artists, bring you this complete tutorial for making your own jewelry to fit your personal style. Whether you prefer professional and polished, classic and elegant, or casual and comfortable, you will find the designs and information needed to complete your jewelry pieces using this book. You will also benefit from valuable lessons in: Bead history Bead sizing, definitions, weights and charts Organizing and caring for your beads Stringing basics Preparing findings and closures, found objects and vintage findings Creating beads with metal clay, polymer clay, lampwork and more Stitching with beads Selling your jewelry With so much essential information within these pages,Beaded Jewelry the Complete Guideis your one-stop source for everything you need to know about beading.
Learn, Sell, Teach From the novice beader who is just learning to string a bracelet to the experienced jewelry-maker who is already out selling and teaching the art to others, everyone can find something to love on the pages within. Experienced jewelry designers Susan Ray and Sue Wilke walk you through the basics and then launch into a plethora of engaging jewelry designs for you to replicate. Along the way, they offer tips and tidbits to make your beading experience as enjoyable as possible. Featured inside: 75 projects showcasing bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings, watches and miniature amulet bags 300 gorgeous full-color photographs and illustrations to accompany easy-to-follow instructions Extensive techniques section covering beading basics, necessary tools and tips on personal style, color choice and design options
The excitement surrounding jewelry making is based, in part, on the wide variety of materials available. Organic Beaded Jewelry bridges the gap between assorted materials used to create find jewelry, and demonstrates techniques to make truly unique items. Organic jewelry accounts for something with a natural form, shape or function, or items made from natural materials or those that mimic nature. Whether its precious metal or polymer clay, glass and gemstones, this complete reference offers options for more than 40 stunning pieces of jewelry including necklaces and bracelets. In addition to more than 150 color illustrations, the book includes the techniques and creativity of other well-known artists, for an unrivaled how-to resource!
Great variety of techniques gathered by an impressive panel of beading experts Provides detailed instructions to put to use, and then post on beading blogs for others to learn from Beading basics never go out of style, because like many beaders, you are always looking for ways to efficiently and creatively design projects. This must-have guide covers essential skills including chain maille, cutting wire, making P loops, bending wire, making eye loops, jump rings, and using a wrapped bead link technique. Among the 20+ projects featured in the book, you will discover instructions for earrings, chokers, necklaces, pendants and more, all designed by the author and other respected jewelry artists.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.