Inspiring, heartwarming, and humorous, this special story collection celebrates Latino life and community across the country. Whether your roots are in Mexico, Central or South America, the Caribbean, or the Iberian Peninsula, the stories in this volume will remind you of the pride, hope and joy of being part of the Latino community in America. Chicken Soup for the Latino Soul showcases the storytelling traditions of Latino culture, articulating the joys, struggles, and triumphs of the Latino experience: · An abuela shares memories of encountering Pancho Villa and his army on hot, dusty summer morning while fetching water at the town square. · A favorite tia explains her philosophy of life through the methodical preparation of enchiladas · A young man learns an important lesson about life while trying to make his mother pronounce English "properly. " · A young woman recounts her family's successful struggle to survive the Great Depression in Spanish Harlem. With stories that explore culture and identity, and that celebrate families and spirituality, living in two languages, crossing borders, and overcoming life's challenges, each chapter focuses on the uniqueness of the Latino experience and tradition.
This special collection of stories celebrates Latino life and community across the country.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.