- Table View
- List View
Heal Heartburn and Lose Weight, Naturally If you suffer from acid reflux, you're not alone. More than 50 million Americans have GERD, or gastroesophageal reflux disease, and while antacids can be effective for short-term relief, they can also cause dangerous medical conditions if they're used for more than the recommended fifty days at a time. Luckily, The Acid Reflux Solution offers a simple plan to help you gradually and safely reduce--and eventually eliminate--the need for pills while alleviating your heartburn. In this combination medical guide and cookbook, gastroenterologist Jorge E. Rodriguez, MD, has teamed up with registered dietitian and food writer Susan Wyler to present a three-step program to heal heartburn naturally. This isn't a formal diet plan--no calorie counting required--but you'll probably shed some pounds while followingThe Acid Reflux Solution because these recipes were designed for good health. In fact, Dr. Jorge has not only healed his own heartburn since developing this plan, but he has also lost more than 30 pounds! In step one you make some simple lifestyle modifications, like raising the head of your bed, loosening your belt, and eating less but more often. These are easily achievable goals that you can start working on today. In step two, you start eating to avoid reflux. With 100 high-fiber, low-fat, portion-controlled recipes to choose from, this step is the most delicious--and surprising. The list of foods that actually trigger acid reflux is smaller than you might think, which means you can enjoy meals that you probably thought were off limits, like Cuban Black Bean Soup, Grass-Fed Beef and Portobello Blue Cheese Burgers, Asian Barbecued Chicken, and even Spaghetti and Meatballs. In the final step, you reduce the dosage and frequency of the medications you were taking to control your heartburn because you won't need them anymore. The Acid Reflux Solution combines the latest medical research with reflux-friendly recipes to help you feel great, lose weight, and live heartburn free.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.