- Table View
- List View
How the new science of "metabolic programming" can help you: Maximize your baby's IQ and development / Prevent allergies and obesity / Prevent or cure picky eating / Teach your child to enjoy healthy foods / Protect against family health problems AND make mealtimes a pleasure for you and your child! In this groundbreaking book, two leading pediatric nutritionists--and experienced parents!--introduce exciting new research into "metabolic programming" and make it accessible and practical for every busy parent. They explain: How the foods you choose can optimize your baby's future development, IQ bone strength, and immunity / The eight key nutrients to focus on / Scientifically based "smart strategies" for working with your child's inborn instincts to build healthy eating habits / Food solutions for common problems--including colic, constipation, poor sleep, and hyperactivity / How to prevent or deal with food allergies or obesity / Easy ways to adapt family meals for kids--with menus and portion sizes for every stage from birth through age six, plus essential tips for food safety. What's more, you can teach your child to enjoy these healthy foods and banish food battles and picky eating forever. (From the Trade Paperback edition.)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.