- Table View
- List View
Incensed that children of immigrant farm workers are being kept home to work in the fields instead of attending school, Laura heads a crusade in her community to bring education to the children and their parents, despite heavy opposition from some townspeople.
Food provisions are scarce as the little town of Mansfield faces one of the worst winters on record. Fierce blizzards isolate the town from the rest of the world. Laura and Manly spearhead a heroic relief effort for their starving neighbors.
It's the turn of the century and women still don't have the right to vote-- and the town of Mansfield is divided over the issue. As the county's top attorney prepares to debate the women's rights leader, Ellen Boyle, on a woman's right to vote, someone slips Boyle sleeping medicine. Laura, called on to take her place, suddenly finds herself at the forefront of one of the most important debates in history.
When Pa comes to visit the farm in Missouri, he and Laura have so much fun reminiscing about the old days that they decide to set out in search of their old homestead, and on the way they relive many of the special memories of their past.
After devastating events in San Francisco, several Chinese families plan to make Mansfield their new home. Because part of the community views foreigners with contempt, the town is split over the arrival of the Chinese families. Laura hopes a moving Thanksgiving ceremony will bring the town back together and allow the Chinese residents to see Mansfield as the land of promise they hoped it would be.
The Days of Laura Ingalls Wilder is a fictional series created and authored by T. L. TEDROW. Viewed as a key figure in history and an outstanding role model to children, Laura Ingalls Wilder served as Tedrow's inspiration for creating these stories about her life as a Pioneer wife, mother, and crusading journalist. It's 1884, and after devastating losses in South Dakota, Laura, Manly, and little Rose head East to Mansfield, Missouri, in search of a new beginning...
Laura meets Josie, an eccentric old woman living in the mountains who is an herbalist and nature lover. Josie's strange and wonderful ways are viewed with suspicion by the townspeople, but Laura is determined to convince them to open their hearts and minds to Josie. Laura hopes they will soon realize that Josie can help them- whether by restoring the forest or by finding a cure for a sick boy.
When Laura is assigned to report on the St. Louis World's Fair, she jumps at the opportunity to also write about The Third Olympic Games taking place in St. Louis. Incensed by the bizarre side-show events taking place at the Games, Laura confronts the promoters and the crowd about their behavior and passionately speaks up for the rights of all people.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.