- Table View
- List View
Each page contains the name of a color and a picture showing things that illustrate the named color. Pictures are described but no images are present.
The story takes place in a small village in Poland probably in the middle or late 19th century, and the people are dressed in costumes of the period. This elegant picture book tells the story of Joseph's overcoat, and what he does wih it when it wears out. Along the way, children meet some Yiddish words and glimpse a bit of Jewish culture. This picture book includes picture descriptions, and this file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly, a favorite American folk poem, was first heard in the United States in the 1940's. Using an ever-expanding die-cut hole, Simms Taback gives us a rollicking, eye-popping version of the well-loved poem.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.